Pages

Saturday 13 October 2012

Take me to the Sky Room please...


After the failed attempt the night before and being one to never let a failure defeat me, I revisited The Skymarket with a friend (Daniel Dobrin), hoping it would be open! And to my luck it was. 




Located on the rooftop of the Skyroom, Magdalen house, Skymarket is the third use of the Skyroom space. Previous installments have been London's Picnic Club and something else ( I just can't be bothered to look it up). 

What needs to be emphasized is that the Skymarket has left the biggest impression on me and somewhere I would really really recommend.

 From the minute you step out of the lift, you leave the noise and the hustle and bustle of London and transported to a quiet, relaxed and chilled space. 

You literally could be in a different country. 





 The space as you can see is very intimate (only seat around 50 people), cozy and relaxed and this is due to its soft lighting and their outdoor heaters, which keep customers warm well into the chilly night. 








The menu is a mix of African, Indian and Asian cuisine and were told that its subject to change every few weeks. Which makes going back more that little bit more exciting because you just don't know whats going to be on menu.

There is a Set Menu which is £30 quid, admittedly I was like :

WOAHH

but then I thought 

FUCK IT

  
In the end I am more obliging to part with my money if I am going to be eating food that is different to what I normally eat or normally expect at a restaurant. 


SO... 


How it works is that they bring the food out in two helpings and then your dessert.

We went for the meat set menu - so the food on the left of the menu.

NOM NOM NOM



A lot of this food is prepared directly in front of you:


Or by these two lovely men - one of which, I mistakenly took for a man but is infact a woman! Im VERY sorry


OPINIONS ON THE FOOD:

Orgasmic
Perfect portions
Lovely 
Great
Tasty 

You can also order small dishes which are three pounds a pop, or alternatively just have a drink. They do a great selection of drinks and wines. We ordered this white wine, that I cant remember the name for, but was lovely, went down like a dream. 


THE DESSERT:


They give you a nice send off home shot to accompany your dessert - which was quite gross, but that's mainly due to me having an inability to do shots. However the dessert was SO good, I love bonnoffee pie and cheescake, so together

"taste sensation"


THE ART WORK:


They have weird masks and wooden carvings all around the restaurants. They also have like bird cages (minus the birds) and lanterns hanging from the ceiling. 

THE DELI:

Pretty self explanatory-its a deli, you can purchase food from there. 

MOVING ON...

If you have not already guessed, I am a massive fan of this place. Not only are the staff lovely, but the food is on point and different. The whole experience is not one I have had before in London. 

This place is a definite must go, whether you go with your friends or a date - don't miss out on one of London's best secret hot spots.

You heard it here first....

2 comments:

  1. The 2 lovely men you are talking about is one lovely women and one lovely man!!!!

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so sorry! Now I can see that one if of course a lovely woman. And will be editing it straight away.

      Sincerley apologise for that !

      Delete