Pages

Wednesday 31 October 2012

BUDDHA BAR



  • Buddha Bar in Knightsbridge has replaced Chicago Rib Shack, which makes me really sad because not only did I LOVE that restaurant but I also used to work there when I was 18! So walking in there was like a blast from the past, except everything looked very Asian and there were no Eastern European chefs flirting outrageously with me. 


    WHY BUDDHA BAR?

    I read this website called Hot-Dinnershttp://www.hot-dinners.com/which you should read if you're into finding out new restaurants or just generally different places to eat around town. 

    ANYWAY

    I saw that Buddha Bar are currenly doing a soft opening and offering 25% off all meals. 

    BARGAIN I thought! 

    ALSO I had heard about this place from friends that have been to the one in Paris and they said it was definitely worth going to, additionally my brother, who lives in Washington all year round, was back in London for the week. If that's not a reason to celebrate with the family then what is ey!

    On arrival the first thing you notice is how posh this place is. What do you expect though when its situated in the heart of Knightsbridge. Saying that I had just come from work, slightly sweaty, and perhaps a little under dressed for the occasion.

This place is decked out to the max with crystal chandeliers and floating Buddha's. The lighting is dim and its all very suave, with a wave of black tiling, furniture and table tops completing the look.




After being seated by this guy: 



I peered at the menu, and suddenly realised the word bargain was no longer an adequate word to describe the meal we were about to have! 

The prices are extremely high, and I genuinely felt bad that I had brought my family here without checking the menu and only really focusing on the 25% discount they had on offer. 

 Now I'm not going to sit here and say that I'm poor, but I'm definitely not part of the elite rich that stroll around Knightsbridge and venture into Harvey Knicks and Harrods to do their local shopping.




  • Saying that the food was outstanding, each perfectly presented and looked the part. Size of portions varied as well, some were pretty small for the amount of money they charging for it and others, and others were relatively large like the ribs and the lamb curry

    I made some collages of the food...I know I have way too much time on my hands!
    STARTERS:
    TOP - SALMON, SCALLOPS, PRAWNS AND YELLOW TAIL FISH
    BOTTOM: CRISPY CRAB SUSHI

    Mains:

    LEFT: SUCCULENT PORK RIBS
    RIGHT: DUCK AND CHUTNEY

    LAMB CURRY
    RICE AND NOODLES

    DESSERTS:

    CHOCOLATE FONDANT WITH COCONUT ICE CREAM

    Salted caramel and Chocolate biscuit Sticks 
    This dessert was heavenly. Dad made the mistake of going to the toilet just when these arrived, and if he thought me and mum were going to share with him, he had another thing coming!

    The Risner's don't believe in sharing is caring!

    Ginger and Lemon Cheesecake
    Of course my descriptions of the food is not entirely how they worded it on their menu.

    I don't think I will be coming back here again any time soon, as a working girl making not that much money, I simply cant afford it without the help of the big dog to pay for it. Its a place you go for a special occasion, a very special occasion, unless you got the money and then go crazy cause this place is awesome.
    Also at night time on weekends, the bar gets flocked the music get pumping and then at 12 it all stops because the people who live at number 1 Hyde Park, the most expensive flats in London, start to get a bit ancy! G-d forbid we upset them!

    UNTIL NEXT TIME, WHICH IS WHEN I GET PAID!! 
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment