Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2012

CHOCKYWOCCY...I CAN'T EAT ANYMORE!





WHAT A PLACE!

Now after a pretty hefty night the night before I have to be honest I was feeling pretty shabby and the thought of eating a great deal of chocolate was quite a horrific thought. However Charlotte, who has been repeatedly mentioned in this blog, had especially organised a day out to bring all her closest friends together under one roof....How sweet of her.



On arrival and after taking one look at the most elaborate and intricate cakes I have ever seen, all hungover feelings left the room and all of a sudden I was slightly peckish!





We were taken up the two flights of stairs by the lovely Andrew, who was a fantastic host, and shown into our tea room for the day. 

And what a tea room this was.

It was like every kids dream and it felt as if you had accidentally stumbled into the mad hatters tea party:

The floor was lined with fake grass 



 Little grass bunnies were dotted all round the room, and the shrubs had lollipops poking out of them



There were a whole variety of chairs, from sofas, to garden chairs to hanging chairs...chair crazyyy!



There was even a fountain with water trickling out of it. 




The table was lined with cakes, nibbles, coffee, tea and hot chocolate.






 What we misread is that you can bring your own alcohol into the building, which was a shame because a few bottles of champs could have made the day a lot more interesting.

I can see it now 


After settling in, you are given, on top of all the sweets and chocolate they provide, a large bit of chocolate cake with a generous dollop of whipped cream and ice cream. 


Admittedly not one of us finished it...poor effort I say.

All this talk of Ice cream made me think of that Michael Mclntyre sketch and thought I would share it with you, but in the end I could not find it but instead stumbled upon another one of his sketches, which brought me to tears. 

This sketch has absolutely no relevance to Chockwoccydoodah but its funny as hell!


I hope that made you laugh as much as I did
Anyway back to Chocolate...

So the crack is, you pay 25 quid each and you get all the scrumptious goodies included and the room for two hours. You also get given a cake to take home with you, which they kindly split for us.

The tea room on a whole is large and I found it the whole experience rather relaxing. Perhaps it was the double red velvet couch which I decided to call my home, or the quiet chirping of birds and waterfall sounds they had loop in the background.

I just don't know.




What I do know is that after I ate my weight in Chocolate I did feel rather ill.

Now to the most important bit - Would I recommend it?

Well Yes

BUT:

I personally would not go back there again, not because I did not enjoy myself, I had a lovely time, but because its one of those things you only do once.

If the sweets and chocolate were out of this world then maybe I would return, but they just weren't. For instance they gave us smarties, but the cheap ones - you know the one you get out of those 50p machines. It's not right.

I also think this place though is more directed at girls than boys, I just cant imagine a bunch of lads sitting around, sipping coffee and eating cake in a civilized manner.

This place would be good though for 21st birthdays, hen parties and all events of that sort. 

If you want to book, here is the email address

http://www.choccywoccydoodah.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment