Pages

Sunday 25 November 2012

La Rugoletta




Are you looking for the perfect romantic date/cheap eatery in North London?

SEARCH NO MORE

Don't let the exterior fool you, but readers I have found or to be more honest, I was recommended by one of my mother's friends a small cozy Italian restaurant nestled away down a cobbled street in North Finchley. 

North Finchley did I say?! Well yes North Finchley

La Rugoletta is a little family run restaurant that still has the intimate warm atmosphere people like when dining out. 

Customers these days want to feel special and this place certainly knows how to do that!

Not only is this place cheap but it serves up some of the best Italian food I have tasted for a long time. Which says something because I am not a big Italian lover, Italian to me is just a carb lovers dream and a dieters vision of hell! 
Saying that this place was definitely worth the amples of carbs I devoured. 

From the the £3 huge garlic pizza to the mushroom and white wine sauce pasta. Which was perfectly al dente if i must say my self. I must say all that Australian master chef has really rubbed off! 

We also ordered mussels in a tomato based sauce, which was beautifully rich and hearty and served with a healthy amount of rustic bread, which of course I ate as well as the garlic bread. 

The best bit about this restaurant is that its a BYOB (bring your own bottle). You only pay two quid for corkage, making getting drunk a lot cheaper and more enjoyable. Also no worrying about whether they have wine you will like because the choice is all yours

Unfortunately there are no pictures because as luck has it, my friend and I both forgot our phones in the car!

ANYWAY

Our bill came to £30 and that was with 2 starters and 2 main courses and we brought our own £6 bottle of the finest and cheapest white wine. 

This restaurant is a definite MUST GO. I am bit upset  have revealed this little north London secret. 

Don't all rush as once and if you do decide to go don't forget to book! The place only seats 40 people. 

VERDICT
8/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment