Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

BRICK LANE MUSIC FESTIVAL


This is my best friend Steph, and on calling her to ask her what she was doing this weekend, she told me there was this banging FREE day festival in Brick Lane. 


So I followed her, to see what all the hype was. 
The Line up says it all! 

The sun was out


The drinks were flowing


From the onset Vibe Bar, was buzzing, the bbq had meat on, people were dancing and the sun was shining. Although I only stayed for a few hours, I managed to catch The Heatwave, who mixed all the classic soca, reggae and dancehall tunes you want to hear on a Sunday afternoon. Plus they had an extraordinary lady on the stage who could move her ass like no other woman I have ever seen, on trying to copy her, someone said to me,

"Your too white to dance like that!"

Click on this link if you want to hear one of their mixes. 


Additionally it was only £1 for entry and all money was donated to charity. Lets hope this festival is on next year as well, because I had a very fun day and recommend everyone to go next year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment